Atholton High School (AHS)
Scholarship Application 2020-2021
The Atholton Athletic Boosters awards two $1000 scholarships to recognize seniors who have contributed significantly to Atholton Athletics through participation in one or more varsity sports.
An applicant must:
- Be a senior attending Atholton High School.
- Have a cumulative, un-weighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above.
- Have participated in one or more varsity sports at Atholton High School (ice hockey players are eligible)
- For this year only, we are waiving the requirement that at least one family member is a member of the AHS Athletic Boosters.
- Complete the application in full.
- Maintain appropriate behavioral decorum.
- By 11:59 PM on Friday, April 23, 2021, please forward all parts of the completed application electronically or via snail mail to Kevin Mulcahy (firstname.lastname@example.org); home address provided on request. Please email ONE file, either a word document or PDF file. The subject of the email should be “Athletic Booster Scholarship Application”.
- A copy of your high school transcript and grades through senior mid-terms should be included. Guidance counselor signatures are not required.
- Please ask your adult reference to email the recommendation letter to Mr. Mulcahy with your name and “Booster scholarship recommendation” in the title. Letters must be received by By 11:59 PM on Friday, April 23, 2021.
*** Late applications will not be accepted or considered. ***
*** Incomplete applications and those that do not adhere to the guidelines will not be accepted or considered. ***
The Selection Committee:
- Will award two scholarships of $1000 each.
- Reserves the right to remove from consideration or withdraw award from students who do not maintain appropriate behavioral decorum during school or at school sponsored events.
- Will announce the recipients in May at the Senior Awards Ceremony.
The decisions of the Athletic Boosters Scholarship Selection Committee are final and are not open to appeal.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition, fees, room and board, or books at a four-year college, a two-year college, or a trade/technical school.
- Scholarship recipients must provide a copy of the acceptance letter from the institution they plan to attend. Once a scholarship recipient’s acceptance letter is provided, a check will be made out to the student.
Please direct any questions to Kevin Mulcahy (email@example.com)