Parent/Guardian Team Liaison Duties:
1) Compile Parent/Guardian Email List -- Compile a list of parent emails so you will have a reliable means of communication with all parents/guardians.
2) Attend AHS Athletics Boosters Meetings -- Meetings are regularly scheduled for the second Monday of each month, 7pm, Senior Cafeteria. Please join us! Your attendance will help you stay connected, ensure that your team is represented, and you will learn more about the athletics programs at AHS.
3) Promote AHS Athletics Boosters Membership -- Please encourage Boosters membership whenever appropriate.More information, including online sign-up, is available on the Membership page.
4) Encourage Parents to Volunteer for the current season`s Concessions – Concessions are a major part of Boosters annual income and the proceeds benefit ALL of our teams, not just those who have Concessions open during their games. Please encourage each parent on your team to volunteer for Concessions. More information, including sign-ups for concessions, is available on the Concessions page.
5) Organize or Encourage Team Specific Events -- Throughout the season your team may hold events like spaghetti dinners, team fundraisers, charity events, etc. Please work with your coaches to organize and/or assist with these events.
6) Coordinate Silent Auction Baskets for Bull Roast -- The AHS Athletics Boosters largest fundraiser is our Bull Roast. Every athletic team is asked to donate a 'theme' basket to the Silent Auction. As Team Liaison you will be responsible for deciding upon a theme for your basket, collecting donations from each family, assembling the basket, and delivering it to a Silent Auction committee member. More information is available on the Bull Roast page.
7) Organize or Coordinate End of Season Team Banquet -- Each team holds an end of season banquet prior to the school-wide sports banquet. Some teams schedule it the night of the Awards Ceremony immediately preceding that event at a location in the school. Other teams hold their Banquet on a separate night. Please work with your coaches to organize this event.
Please feel free to enlist other team parents/guardians to help with the various duties listed above. The more people that get involved, the stronger the Boosters Organization becomes.
Thanks again for volunteering your time and talent!! Your help will greatly contribute to the success of the Atholton Athletics program and the Athletic Boosters organization.